marți, 29 noiembrie 2011

It feels like... Christmas


“I wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy”. Hmmm... wrong subject! I wasn’t trying to talk about my after party mornings, but more about a feeling I’ve been having the past two weeks. As if I’m being late for Christmas, or something like that…as if I haven’t prepared anything and X-Mas is like...tomorrow.
So, forget about the P. Diddy mornings and let’s talk about the Christmas “suggestions” surrounding us for some time already.
Of course, as my job requires, I’m also working on the topic (Christmas, I mean), but that didn’t make me think about getting a Christmas tree as soon as possible...like today or tomorrow.
Don’t get me wrong! I’m a sucker for Christmas. I’m happy preparing gifts, dinner, decorating the tree! I fancy getting in all that incredible festive mood, BUT it’s still November, people!!!!
I know that in some countries, like Dominican Republic, those who have enough money get a tree in October and celebrate until February, but this is Romania. Until 21 years ago we only had an extremely poor Saint Nicholas and a poor Santa Claus.
Last weekend I woke up listening to Air Supply with Sleigh Ride (really? In November? C’mooon!), went to the hairdresser where some girls were decorating the windows and thought I’m crazy. But then I went to a supermarket and it hit me: they are feeding us WITH the Christmas spirit and they are doing a great job. Right from the entrance an elf tried to make me buy some sweets then a huge Christmas tree, decorated really kitschy caught my attention plus there were plenty of Christmas offers plus the decorations department.
In the end I came to the conclusion we can't escape it. We have to get in the mood right now, or we’ll be outsiders for a month.
Maybe it’s not that bad. Christmas is the best time of the year, or so they say in commercials. Let’s enjoy it! ☺

Lexa

Ps: Thank you Cristina for.. EVERYTHING!

 Last holidays dress (front)
 Last holidays dress (back)
 Angel in my last Christmas tree
 Aaaaaand a happy song :D - P. Diddy spirit


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu